Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Can't get the Villa hide-a-bed to open!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
We have never opened our Villa hide-a-bed, but will need to do so this weekend when our daughter and granddaughter visit. I tried it just now and can't get it to pull open. I can raise the seat section up and see a pull loop underneath, but pulling it has no effect. Is there a "catch" that needs to be released? I can't seem to find one.

Any ideas?

TJ

Never mind; got it. The loop needs to be pulled the other direction (up from the back of the bottom cushion, not from underneath). Now, to figure out the air mattress. Another new adventure.

TJ

you should have a blower in a cardboard box somewhere in the coach? plugs into the 110. edit: I probably should add more details. There is a zipper below the mattress piping and you have look for it. open the zipper and there should be a plastic piece with a cover on it in the mattress. You open the top to the plastic and twist the blower on to it. plug it in but dont leave it unattended. Once the mattress is inflated untwist it off and close the plastic housing. To deflate, just pop open the plastic piece and the mattress will deflate.

Last edited:
No no no, don't open the brown box, you have to blow in the big hole.

you should have a blower in a cardboard box somewhere in the coach? plugs into the 110. edit: I probably should add more details. There is a zipper below the mattress piping and you have look for it. open the zipper and there should be a plastic piece with a cover on it in the mattress. You open the top to the plastic and twist the blower on to it. plug it in but dont leave it unattended. Once the mattress is inflated untwist it off and close the plastic housing. To deflate, just pop open the plastic piece and the mattress will deflate.
Actually, the blower on the Villa is built into the end of the mattress. You open a small compartment and pull out the electric cord. Plug it in, turn the inflate/deflate valve to the proper position and turn on the pump with the switch. When the mattress is inflated (it inflates in short order), switch off the pump and unplug the cord. Ready for nap time!

Learning something new every day.

TJ

This is a good illustration of Ed’s 3rd internet theory: The most efficient means to solve a problem is to post a question about it. The solution will become self evident before the first reply is received, usually within a few minutes. It has worked for me innumerable times. :LOL:

@TJ&LadyDi so how is it that you have Villa versus the rest of us have flexsteel?

This is a good illustration of Ed’s 3rd internet theory: The most efficient means to solve a problem is to post a question about it. The solution will become self evident before the first reply is received, usually within a few minutes. It has worked for me innumerable times. :LOL:
Would that be “Ed” Murphy? ?

TJ

Latest resources

Back