Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Shawz 2020 Coachmen

RVF Newbee
We bought our brand new 2020 Coachmen by Forest river in Dec 2019. We have about 3000 miles on it. Last week our first tire blew out and took out my whole inner wheel well with it. I changed out on the hiway and made it home on my spare. Upon getting home I checked the remaining tires and found that the other 3 had steel belts showing, bulging and twisted threads meaning they too were about to blow. All tires were made in same month with the same DOT number. I contacted my dealer they said contact the tire manufacturer. I did, lions gate sent me a form with a bunch of conditions and told me they would not replace the tires until all the conditions were met. I completed the form and conditions (pics, vin, description etc) a few days ago and still waiting for them to contact me back. Best they will likely offer is a new set of garbage tires. Mean while I contacted my dealer about the damage and they said that they were not responsible because I'm beyond my year warranty and that they could not look at it till Dec. I contacted Forest river and they said contact the tire company. I asked them for the parts to replace and they told me they would not help me out. I'm at a loss. This Forest river customer service is garbage and so is any warranty they apply. Its buyer beware. If you have these castle rock tires ST 205 75R 14, DOT JUJT 1119 change them immediately! If anyone has any advice on how to get the dealer or Forest river to fix this let me know.

Attachments

• Tire damage.JPG
    Tire damage.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 28
I have a Forest River Cherokee 274RKS that is about 3 years old with only 500 miles on it . It came with Castle Rock tires. The other day after about a 150 mile camping trip, I parked it at our home. The next day I came out and one of the tires had blew out, just sitting there parked. It separated in the center of the tread. I’m sure glad it didn’t happen while pulling it.

I guess I will replace all of the tires and not take a chance on the rest of the tires.

I have a Forest River Cherokee 274RKS that is about 3 years old with only 500 miles on it . It came with Castle Rock tires. The other day after about a 150 mile camping trip, I parked it at our home. The next day I came out and one of the tires had blew out, just sitting there parked. It separated in the center of the tread. I’m sure glad it didn’t happen while pulling it.

I guess I will replace all of the tires and not take a chance on the rest of the tires.
You got lucky. Look at the max load on the tires and the weight of the rig loaded. You may need to step up to the next load range tire. I went from an E to G some years back on my 5th wheel and never had another problem.

Thanks, but I am well under the max load on tires. Just had another one blow out today, just sitting in the driveway! These tires are junk!

If you look at the belts, it sounds like they rusted. Belt rust will separate the tread from the tire carcass.

Latest resources

Back