RV Make
TBD
RV Model
TBD
RV Length
Somewhere between 20 and 30
Fulltimer
No
My wife and I have just started looking for our first motorhome - with the current situation we realize it may take a long time to get what we want, but we’re in no hurry.

We both like the View/Navion with the twin beds, but I’m concerned about the CCC of only 900 lbs. My wife and I combined weigh just over 400lbs. When traveling for a week or more we usually each take 2 suitcases for around 200lbs of luggage. Add in 10 - 12 gallons of fresh water and we’ve used up 500lbs of capacity. How difficult is it to stay under the allowed 900lbs on these?

My wife and I have just started looking for our first motorhome - with the current situation we realize it may take a long time to get what we want, but we’re in no hurry.

We both like the View/Navion with the twin beds, but I’m concerned about the CCC of only 900 lbs. My wife and I combined weigh just over 400lbs. When traveling for a week or more we usually each take 2 suitcases for around 200lbs of luggage. Add in 10 - 12 gallons of fresh water and we’ve used up 500lbs of capacity. How difficult is it to stay under the allowed 900lbs on these?
My wife and I have a 2022 Navion and would be in the same personal weight category. I, too thought the 900 CCC would be concerning, but not knowing what to do, otherwise, we are forging ahead. We’ve been in it for about a year- not full time, and have no issues. I guess if something breaks, they’ll say, “we told you so,” but otherwise I don’t have an answer. We’re on a Mercedes Sprinter chassis with a 6 cyl diesel. It has a 20,000 mile oil change interval but a Mercedes mechanic told me that because of the continuous weight of the motor home, that maybe I ought to do it every 10 K. So, I do and so far, so good.

Latest resources

Back