• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ceramic Coatings

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yep. I had someone travel in from NW Arkansas to do mine. The only guy I could find, and he had good Google reviews and stuff. I think he did a great job on paint correction, as I had REALLY bad swirl marks, which I think is from dealer buffing out some scratches from the factory.

However, when it came to the ceramic, not sure if it's because he was in a hurry, or trying to save money on microfiber, etc.., but it looks great when the sun is shining on it, but if you look at the back side (shadow side of coach when outside), you see brush strokes/smears, etc., where he didn't properly remove the ceramic and there are "high spots" that look like smears or brush strokes.

P.S. Good ceramic applier (like I just had on my two cars), will have a guy work in fairly small, maybe 2' x 2' areas, and apply the ceramic, wait a bit (depending on the brand) for it to flash, and then immediately remove it. If they don't work in small areas, and immediately remove excess after it flashes, then you get the mess that I have.

Those are typically high spots caused by uneven application. Ceramic coatings need exacting application and wipe off.
There are lots of YouTube videos on proper application as well as fixing improper applications, What product was used?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back