Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I've removed four 6-volt batteries from my Tiffin Phaeton and I'm replacing them with six 6-volt group 903 430ah batteries. The new batteries weigh in at about 110 lbs each, where the original batteries were only 50-60 lbs each. So there is a considerable weight difference and it's all on one side. I'm wondering if that's going to be an issue?

That is quite a weight change but IMHO as with any RV it's important to know your weights and limits on the axles. In addition I learned when I picked up my MH from Newmar June of 2017 and asked for corner weights they noticed that the left/right weights exceeded 1000lbs difference which apparently is out of limit. Corner weights are important not only for axle weight limits but also to compare left vs. right weights from what I've learned.

Front axels are usually very close to their limits. Check your corner weights as Neal suggested. I know my right front is heavier, due to the basement fridge/freezer I think?

I've not had the MH weighed yet so it's probably a good idea, regardless of the batteries. Thank you All !

If weight becomes an issue, as it is for me, you might consider LiFePO4 batteries. They are about half the weight of wet cells.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim
Not meaning to take this off topic but Neal I’m curious at to how the factory corrected your heavy side weight issue. Seems like a whole lot of weight to redistribute on a new Coach

Not meaning to take this off topic but Neal I’m curious at to how the factory corrected your heavy side weight issue. Seems like a whole lot of weight to redistribute on a new Coach

My Newmar Ventana came with 8 batteries from the factory

My Newmar Ventana came with 8 batteries from the factory
Mine did as well...I got the weights from Newmar and they were all very close...

@Neal are your batteries Interstate Batteries GC2-ECL-UTL 6V 225Ah Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back