Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
I noticed water kind of splashing down from under coach. Opened hatch to generator and noticed water both draining from drain tube and this fitting I have circled in green in image. I had hit auto on equalizer twice to dump air and then starting talking to my brother in law, so it was sitting a little nose low for a while.

Is this normal and I never noticed or problem?

20230505_192251~2.jpg

I think it should drain out of that clear tube in the center of the unit but my hunch is it's nothing to worry about. I see four silver bolts on the bottom, not sure if you removed those if the panel would rotate out for inspection but again, for me, I wouldn't worry about it but see what others offer.

usually when water comes out at points other than the condensation drain, there is some sort of obstruction. Since you noted that water comes out of both I’d guess a partial onstruction but still worth a look if the cover can be removed without too much trouble.

It was only dribbling out of the hose. I'm about to head to RV garage, to do some things prior to heading out on a trip tomorrow morning. I'll see if either the hose itself has crud (wasn't obvious just looking at clear drain hose), or if opening the unit is straightforward, look inside. Biggest thing I don't like is that it's now splashing down on top of generator, which might be ok, or could get into electrical stuff.

Try blowing some low pressure compresser air back into the tube. Sounds like it is partially blocked. This is why all AC units in attics have a secondary condensation drain. Automotive don’t so the only remedy is to clear the line. You can probably (hopefully) do this without dissassembly. Might as well try that first.

Latest resources

Back