• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Check your tires every travel day!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Wow, shocking to look at for sure. It looks like it may have been a Newmar from the basement doors and latches and paint, not sure. If anyone finds any more details please post. While we can only speculate what happened I also find these RV's can get away from you in an instant from distractions in the coach whether cell phone, GPS interaction, something dropping off a counter and you want to look and see what it was, etc. These Class A's require you to be at full attention 100% of the time as you can go off the road in an instant!

Yes, inspect tires and pressures as we all have learned. Take a flashlight and look across the other side and look at the insides of the tires from time to time too. Tires are every Class A owner's nightmare and have been mine since day 1.

I bought this TST tire pressure monitoring system and I absolutely love it. I can check all tire pressures (coach & toad) in an instant, sits right up on your dash. You can set low and high pressure alarms, blow-out alarms, it's completely customizable to meet anyone's needs. Been using them for 2 years now, very good product in my opinion that gives a great peace of mind when going down the road. A bit pricey but well worth it.

I wonder if others have these installed and what their experience using them has been?

Mike

I bought this TST tire pressure monitoring system and I absolutely love it. I can check all tire pressures (coach & toad) in an instant, sits right up on your dash. You can set low and high pressure alarms, blow-out alarms, it's completely customizable to meet anyone's needs. Been using them for 2 years now, very good product in my opinion that gives a great peace of mind when going down the road. A bit pricey but well worth it.

I wonder if others have these installed and what their experience using them has been?

Mike
That's the system I plan on buying before we head out this spring/summer.

For those who avoid Bezos whenever possible (as I do), here are some other sources:

Yes on the TST system. We have the initial color monitor and the 507 (non flow through) caps. Rebuild once a year with new gaskets and batteries in the caps.

Have been running for about 5 years since we got our first RV.

Saved us twice last year…

First time on 75 S about 5 miles from the FL border. Alarm went off in the right rear inner for high pressure. Slowed down to cool the tire a bit. About 1/4 mile later heard the chunk of tire come off and bounce in the wheel well. Tire held pressure so pulled over and got that changed.

On the way back north last year got a fast leak alarm on the right inner. Turned out that tire had a high pressure rubber valve stem which I hadn’t caught since it was the spare. Stopped and added air a few times as we limped the last 10 miles to the campground.

Personally I’ll never run without one.

Latest resources

Back