Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
Just wanted to give a shout out and congrats to Neal for starting this site. Starting up a new forum is easy technically (for people with tech skills) but turning it into a community with enough activity to warrant visiting, isn't as easy task -- especially in the days of Facebook/Facebook Groups.

I did something similar about 15 years ago, in a completely different subject arena, but it was a much different world then, and much easier as social media didn't exist (at least not to the degree it does now).

Like when I did it, there were a core group unhappy with a different forum, and that core group wanting another home was as important as me being able to technically create it and I'm sure in this case, Neal being able to technically spin up a forum.

So, to Neal and all those that jumped aboard early to make it a community, congrats and cheers for job well done.

Thanks @Tnedator - much appreciated. Excited to offer a super friendly and modern platform for all to enjoy without the tension and bullying. The community makes itself, we have a great group of people here and growing rapidly. Thanks to all in helping to spread the word and continue to grow this RV "virtual campground" together to show how the RV lifestyle is amazing, the most amazing part is the people.

Thanks @Tnedator - much appreciated. Excited to offer a super friendly and modern platform for all to enjoy without the tension and bullying. The community makes itself, we have a great group of people here and growing rapidly. Thanks to all in helping to spread the word and continue to grow this RV "virtual campground" together to show how the RV lifestyle is amazing, the most amazing part is the people.
Agreed on the community. A forum is software (BBS, forum, message board, etc.), but a community is people. You and your early crew created a friendly environment with a good tech setup, and it is clearly turned into a nice community.

This morning it struck me that I'm now visiting this site 5 or probably 10 times for every one time I visit IRV2. The ratio might even be more skewed than that. I glance at the Newmar forum on occasion, and do a google site search on occasion, but this is where I'm visiting many times a day, and this is where I'm first posting questions. Without even consciously doing it, I've migrated pretty much fully to here.

I've stopped going to IRV2 altogether. I enjoy it here. Neal is a great guy and has created a wonderful RV forum. Thanks Neal!

Amen, Neal. Thank you!! And thanks to the community for all their contributions.

Ed

Count me in on the congratulations as well ... thank you @Neal

FLSteve

Same as everyone else, thanks Neal. I'll say I landed here before I even purchased my rig and never really went anywhere else (IRV2) and I must say I've never really felt the need to go check it out.

I'm new to RV forums so I checked out both this one and the other one folks have mentioned. That one seems to get much more traffic but I got just as many answers to my questions (i.e. 0) there as I did here. Also, this forum works correctly, with easy navigation and the ability to be notified when threads you're interested in have been updated, rather than relying on email like it's still the 1990s.

Latest resources

Back