Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jerry K.

RVF Regular
Forum newbie here! So we’re taking the plunge in 2001 and will be buying a Class C and a toad vehicle. Leaning towards the Chevy Spark as they’re cheap, small and good mileage. Car and driver indicates they can be used as a toad and I verified with the owners manual that the manual transmission version can be used, just disconnect the negative lead from the battery and place in neutral. Has anyone got experience using the Spark as a toad and what are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Jerry

Forum newbie here! So we’re taking the plunge in 2001 and will be buying a Class C and a toad vehicle. Leaning towards the Chevy Spark as they’re cheap, small and good mileage. Car and driver indicates they can be used as a toad and I verified with the owners manual that the manual transmission version can be used, just disconnect the negative lead from the battery and place in neutral. Has anyone got experience using the Spark as a toad and what are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Jerry
Please let me know if you get any advice. We are just beginning to search to a TOAD using a dinghy called Blue Ox. We just test drove a Chevy Spark manual tranny. I am still researching how this blue ox works and if that is the best solution to use for towing, a brake system, receiver and bar attached to frame and hitch is what I am reading. Do you know how you will tow your small car? I am totally confused thinking you could just hitch to your car and pull, haha. Thanks

Hey Linda, so far I know you need to install a baseplate mount on the front of the car which looks pretty involved. Then the tow bars attach to the RV receiver hitch and to the baseplate mount at two points. I’m moving away from a new toad and thinking something like a 2012 Mini S or Jetta, both work in a manual. We just bought a 2015 Winnebago Aspect 31J and will finalize in a week or so. Next job to sort out the toad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back