Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

5th_wheeling_dad

RVF Newbee
So I’m trying to figure out what truck to get to pull our 43’ jayco north point full time. We will be traveling everywhere. Can’t decide between ford and dodge. Need to be good on Diesel and needs to be a 1 ton. Please help.

Either truck is a good choice. I would get the one that met my needs and visually liked the best. I looked at the lariats and laramies and preferred the interior of the laramie.

Any reason a Silverado Duramax is not on your list? I just got a new 1 ton LTZ SRW that seems to have all the qualifications of a great tow vehicle. It has all the power one could want, engine brake, tow/haul mode, trailer brake module and enough cameras and mirrors that you can see virtually any blind spot. In your case, you are probably going to want a DRW.

I purchased a Ford F350 SRW last March and pulled our RV around the Midwest. Love it, it meets all of our needs and tows great! If I bought a larger RV I would have had to get a dually and then it wouldn't fit in my garage so that was a non-starter. Good luck!

Any reason a Silverado Duramax is not on your list? I just got a new 1 ton LTZ SRW that seems to have all the qualifications of a great tow vehicle. It has all the power one could want, engine brake, tow/haul mode, trailer brake module and enough cameras and mirrors that you can see virtually any blind spot. In your case, you are probably going to want a DRW.
I priced the GM's the last two trucks I bought. Their prices were about 6K higher than the Ford or Dodge with similiar equipment.

I built all three trucks on the build sites and the price was higher than Dodge and Ford. Then I went to the dealers to negotiate and made the best deal on the Dodge. I dont know how long ago you bought but its a jungle out there right now.

You made the right choice. The Powerstroke is pretty awesome, but a Cummins is a Cummins. Personally don't think the Isuzu- I think that's who makes the Chevrolet diesel- is even in the same class. JMHO.

Not sure why you would say that. The Duramax has been around for years, and Isuzu for longer than that. They are proven, reliable powerplants.

Latest resources

Back