RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
44'
TOW/TOAD
JL Wrangler
So... We always follow our Garmin which takes me right through downtown Atlanta. I try to plan the times, and stay away at rush hour. I have had a few small delays, but no real issues.

I am picking up a new coach this week, and heading south next week.... Not a lot of seat time. And she's a bigger girl, so I am trying to think learning curve here.

Plus, there is a chance that Atlanta could be a little bit of a hot spot considering current events and the "peaceful protests" that could result from such events. I do not want to risk any highway being blocked, or having to.... Well, lets just avoid bad things.

How do others deal with ATL. Do you drive strait down 75, or try to take a bypass? I actually searched some, and most say bypass, but I can not help but wonder why my Garmin that has my RV size etc plugged in, would not have me avoid traffic or congestion. Even Waze seems to send me right in?

Thanks for any tips from the pros out there.

Mike

We have been through & around Atlanta a few times with our 40' diesel pusher with toad. Each time I do it, I swear I will never do it again because of traffic & road construction. Have never noticed much difference in taking a by pass or going through downtown. Traffic is always terrible.
If I were coming from Cincinnati, I would try to stay west of Atlanta going down I-65 to Montgomery, then take non interstate routes south to pick up I-10 in Florida & then east to I-75 on down to Orlando.
I understand that answer is not much help, but, Atlanta traffic has always been horrible for me,
Have a safe trip.

The one reason we take the loop is downtown lanes are at best 10’. Add the nutty urban drivers, too much stress going through downtown.

Latest resources

Back