• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

colettek

RVF Newbee
hello!
we are snowbirds in Central florida. we own a Jayco redhawk 29-xk 2017. while connected to city water the fresh water tank gets fillled and comes out from the 3 hoses of the overflow under camper. we tried everything. we went thru 3 shure flow water pump thinking that the switch valve was bad. we ve been told to add a regulator and add a shut off valve after the pump. it’s still leaking. jayco said we could try to replace the manifold. that’s 360$ we are not sure if that wil solve the problem. anybody ran into this type of problem?

Try a back flow valve in front of the pump, and while you're at it, a strainer as well.

A lot of times turning off city water and running the pump, then turning off the pump and going back to city corrects the problem

The problem is often caused by turning on city water with the pump on. Aleays turn off the pump before turning on city water.

Had this happen on our old Forester. Ran the pump since I hadn’t turned water back on when we got back to the RV.

Once I turned on water again the fresh water tank filled and overflowed. Ran the pump again and turned city off and back on reset the check valve on the pump.

That is a very common problem. There is a valve within the pump. Gets stuck by reason of the above post or calcium deposits can cause it to stick. You can rebuild the pump valves if that is the last resort. Been there, done that!

That is a very common problem. There is a valve within the pump. Gets stuck by reason of the above post or calcium deposits can cause it to stick. You can rebuild the pump valves if that is the last resort. Been there, done that!
Or you can install a back flow preventer! That is my method, RV products are basic junk.

Or you can install a back flow preventer! That is my method, RV products are basic junk.
Kevin, I am not sure you understand the problem. Its not a back flow problem, its a misdirection [problem.
The valve is supposed to allow water in and bypass the fresh water tank and just go to your water lines. The valve gets messed up and sticks for whatever the reason and the water ends up doing both!
I found out the hard way and had a dealer replace the pump. Pump isn't that expensive but the labor sure was.
You can, like I said, take it apart. clean it or replace the valves and it's like new.

Kevin, I am not sure you understand the problem. Its not a back flow problem, its a misdirection [problem.
The valve is supposed to allow water in and bypass the fresh water tank and just go to your water lines. The valve gets messed up and sticks for whatever the reason and the water ends up doing both!
I found out the hard way and had a dealer replace the pump. Pump isn't that expensive but the labor sure was.
You can, like I said, take it apart. clean it or replace the valves and it's like new.
Yup! I know, I get it, the water back flows thru the pump. You can keep replacing pumps, or find alternatives to RV junk. Once you have done that you wonder why high end RV manufacturers haven't figured it out!!!

When I had a basement, I even replaced one pump with a shallow well pump. Then still, if not factory, people reject better products, I don't!!!

As usual, Kevin is correct. The check valve(back flow preventer) is built into the pump. IF it fails, just add a quality (check valve/back flow preventer) into the output side of the pump and move on.

Yesw Kevin islcorrect BUT, 6 of one half dozen of the other. But a back flow preventer or just rebuild the pump valve. Some conclusion different road to get there.

Latest resources

Back