• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Halfdane

RVF Regular
Hello and good day,

I have a motor coach I was called out to work on and this is the situation. The owner stated that his generator wouldn’t start and the motor coach wouldn’t start. He had been starting them both routinely but when this last winter came around he went slack on starting them. He was certain he needed to replace the four golf cart coach batteries and the two chassis batteries because they were all six years old.

I replaced all six batteries and I followed the diagrams I had taken for the battery wiring. I went to start the generator and it started fine. When I went to start the coach, it did not start and did the following.

When I turned the ignition to try to start the coach, the leveling system retracted automatically. On the front driving display, the 3x3 (or whatever size it is) LCD display that tells you the manufacturer and any other startup and running messages only had a blank screen. All the function squares above it, that tell you if your turn signals are on, engine light, etc. (I’m guessing), were blinking so quickly I couldn’t tell what they were. The engine wouldn’t turn at all. There was a device (shown in the picture) that was buzzing very loudly at the front above the generator. I’m guessing this is a fuel pump but I really don’t know.

My thoughts on the situation are that this is some sort of electrical issue. As an RV mechanic I have a feeling this may be out of my league, but I’ve started doing other repairs to the coach and the client is expecting me to finish the work. If this is an electrical issue and it’s something that can be fixed relatively easily, where do I start investigating? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 7DEABC72-35FA-4350-8764-C0623CB36F52.jpeg
    7DEABC72-35FA-4350-8764-C0623CB36F52.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
Hi, sounds like there is a battery connection not correct. Measure the voltage across the positive & negative cables leaving the battery compartment for the chassis. Should be 12VDC.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back