Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

traveler

RVF Newbee
Hi, I'm a new member and would like advice. we currently own a 2006 Winnebago aspect 26a and we are starting to travel more and more. the size and floorplan of this coach works perfectly for us and would like to get info on a newer, 2014 to 2018, on all manufacturers that would be similar, we do not have use for over the cab bunk and prefer an entertainment center instead, I'm thinking diesel, pros and cons vs gas? also, smoother ride and less cab noise. any and all help to be greatly appreciated. Budget of around $75k, if I'm missing needed info to help, let me know.
Thanks

Welcome to RVF, @traveler; glad to have you here with us. Lots of good people on this forum with a wealth of knowledge and experience,

Back a few years, we went with a diesel Class C (Mercedes Benz Sprinter platform) and thoroughly enjoyed it. We liked the power it had in the mountains towing our Honda CR-V, along with the much quieter ride. Engine noise was never an issue; the MB Sprinter was quiet. And, the MB Sprinter chassis was rock solid, handling very well. Had we not wanted a bit more interior space, I'm sure we would probably still have it.

While we've never owned a gas Class C, we know people who do or have. Universally, they complained about lack of power in the mountains and engine noise, along with poor handling in many cases.

That's my $0.02 worth.

TJ

Welcome to RVF, @traveler; glad to have you here with us. Lots of good people on this forum with a wealth of knowledge and experience,

Back a few years, we went with a diesel Class C (Mercedes Benz Sprinter platform) and thoroughly enjoyed it. We liked the power it had in the mountains towing our Honda CR-V, along with the much quieter ride. Engine noise was never an issue; the MB Sprinter was quiet. And, the MB Sprinter chassis was rock solid, handling very well. Had we not wanted a bit more interior space, I'm sure we would probably still have it.

While we've never owned a gas Class C, we know people who do or have. Universally, they complained about lack of power in the mountains and engine noise, along with poor handling in many cases.

That's my $0.02 worth.

TJ

Thanks for the welcome and the $0.02 TJ, it's good to get someone's honest opinion. I've done some additional homework and I believe diesel is our choice. Any recommendations on make? I am looking at the old reliable Winnebago plus Thor, Jayco and possibly Renegade, the later being the most $$ but quite a coach!
Thanks again, Gary

Welcome to RVForums @traveler. Diesel is a great option if in the budget.

Latest resources

Back