• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

newrver

RVF Regular
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I'm in the process of buying a Class C RV.

As I see a lot of Class C RVers are having issues with their Class C, Of which has me a lil worried.
Should I buy a Class C? Or Don't because it would be a major headache?

I Really need to know what I'm getting myself into.

Welcome. All classes have problems to some degree or another. Ibadan C, which I really enjoyed. I bought it new. It had a bunch of items, some major. It went back to the factory, to get everything repaired. Hey did a wonderful job. I not traded it, because I always wanted a class A.

Get the floor plan and rig that best fits your needs and budget.

Last edited:
Hello everybody we just bought a new camper We’ve been camping for 30 years this is my first time on this site we would like to meet other campers that goes camping In different areas

Check out Phoenix Cruiser. We have one, our second, and am truly impressed with it. As stated above every RV has it's kinks. Phoenix stands behind all their units and their service is unmatched. Not the cheapest, but the most worry free we found.

One thing we have found after three new RVs and a few used ! Keep it simple, slide outs are trouble, anything with a button has a electric motor and it will fail sooner or later. My first thing to look for is no slide outs, a manual awning and as few buttons as possible. RVs are like a high maint woman the more they cost the more trouble they are.

If going used, look for a class c without the front window in the overhead bunk. It is a known problem area for leaks. My previous class c had one. I was constantly monitoring it for seal issues. Had the front window seal replaced twice before any leaking occurred. The sun beating down on it would shrink and crack the window seal. If you notice on all the newer class c and slide in campers, they have all moved away from putting a window up there. Ours had a slide out that we never had an issue with. It was a great motorhome. It was a 2006 Ford E450 we bought new and had it for over 10 years.

If you won't be traveling with kids or guests, consider one with a trekker front (aerodynamic with not overhang over the cab.

I am in a, well, talkative mood. So hear me out.Structural integrity is the only thing an RV manufacturer can be held accountable for other than the way they handle their warranty.
Let me explain. If you go to the local big box and buy a micro. You take it home and it does not work. You grumble and take it back and stand in the line to return or replace it. You don't blame the big box for the failure of the product only on the way they handle the return.

You now open the new unit and plug it in. The unit fails again. You take it back to the big box and say the manufacture is no d@#n good and you want to exchange it for another brand. You still are dealing with the big box and have no complains about the way they treat you, but you have your opinion of the Micro manufacturer.

You understand that the big box has many products they don't make but sell and you continue to buy their products. This is much the same with RV manufacturers. You understand that the micro may be samsung or ??? and if it fails it isn't the RV company for the fault only how they handle the problem and if they make it right.

Problem is only of their making if they used faulty materials or didn't attempt to make the RV with proper practices. When you listen to people complaining about a manufacturer determine for yourself who should take the blame and the hit on their reputation.

After you have done this Then you can determine if the RV really fits your quality requirements.

Might be worth mentioning that I took a trip recently in my RV and then posted about my rearview mirror glass falling. The previous three trips were uneventful and I did not post about how the tires didn't go flat, the windows worked, engine didn't overheat, etc ,etc. However if something like that had happened I probably would have mentioned it.
Same with most folks. We don't post unless something interesting happens. And on an RV forum, things failing and breaking are more likely to be posted about. Any number of folks are happily rambling around in their class C's not posting about not having problems.
I researched my particular coach a bit before I bought it. I noted there were complaints about this and that and that no one almost ever had anything positive to say unless it was in reply to someone directly asking about the engine or other particulars because they were shopping one. THEN the compliments came out "Oh, our engine has been faultless, it's been great, etc, etc."
So take the general forum complaints with a grain of salt and when you focus on a particular one waste no time asking for advice about it.

Latest resources

Back