Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
After my EAA AirVenture airshow stop I'm hoping to go to CO and explore. I have to start looking at reservations but if anyone else is planning on RVing in that area that time frame speak up and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Book now as many parks are full already as I tried to get a res in Spearfish, SD, and nothing was available for the dates I was going to be there. Polson, MT is already getting close to full. Presumably, the same trend exists in Colorado parks.

We will be at Centennial RV Park in Montrose, CO north of Ouray on Sept 3 for 7 nights and then Kebler Corner in Somerset, CO for 7 nights.

Last edited:
We will be at Tiger Run for 11 days Aug 8, then River Run in Granby, CO for a 2 weeks and finally Wolf Creek in Pagosa Springs for a week. We really want to check out Colorado, finally. Would love to meet up!

After my EAA AirVenture airshow stop I'm hoping to go to CO and explore. I have to start looking at reservations but if anyone else is planning on RVing in that area that time frame speak up and maybe we can meet up somewhere.
Rats Neal🤨 We were going to do that area in September, but on our current trip to the south, we have developed some glass issues, so will be headed to Oregon instead to get all fixed. However, thatis a gorgeous time of the year on the coast, so all is not lost. I would have EVEN made you a pineapple pizza, if you had supplied your preferred toppings. Lol, Judy D

Last edited:
Are you aware of the RV Fog Doctor in Arkansas?
Rats Neal🤨 We were going to do that area in September, but on our current trip to the south, we have developed some glass issues, so will be headed to Oregon instead to get all fixed. However, thatis a gorgeous time of the year on the coast, so all is not lost. I would have EVEN made you a pineapple pizza, if you had suppied your preferred toppings. Lol, Judy D

Are you aware of the RV Fog Doctor in Arkansas?

We are. They, as with virtually all other window repair facilities, will not repair the ”frameless” windows. They will only replace. We have talked to them. I would have to order them and have them shipped to them. I would love to find a source other than Newmar.

And now, back to the original thread topic-Colorado in September………

Canyon View RV Resort in Grand Junction is a new and looks to be a very nice resort. We drove thru it last September when we were staying at Palisade Basecamp RV Resort for the Wine Festival.

Reservations made, few were down to last few sites remaining. Was thinking I was too late but got in. Now have to figure out 2023 Winter to FL.

CO.jpg

Where and when will you be staying south of Montrose? Drive the million dollar hwy to Silverton in your truck prior to going in the motorhome. Just a suggestion.

Latest resources

Back