RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Hi folks, Anyone know how to get the computer screen to show on the TV?

BayStar 3626. There are two boxes over driver, in the cabinet marked HDMI output and Input. The BlueRay player is in one. The other is empty. I plugged the HDMI chord into the HDMI port on the laptop and into the empty box input. The TV seems to recognize that something is plugged in but still says no signal. There is a little red power icon on the HDMI icon on the TV. The HDMI box in the cabinet is always on.

The TV instructions say to plug computer into the HDMI and select PC on the TV's source list. My TV shows no PC icon in the list.

Last edited:
With Linux you need to select the HDMI port as the display or should I say one of the displays. and the HDMI as the sound device. Because Mac uses a distribution of Linux it may be the same. Windows who would use it, your on your own, Gates has had plenty of experience not killing Viruses thru the years, and making them worse.

@AbdRahim here's something to try.

The "unused" HDMI box above the driver seat may be intended for satellite. If you have "satellite" as one of the TV inputs try selecting that & see if you get computer video. Otherwise select the various HDMI inputs on the TV to see if the computer video shows up.

Another possibility is the "unused" box is to send HDMI to an outside TV.

Do you have the computer properly configured? What computer OS are you using? We do it with a MacBook Pro or iPad via an AppleTV box connected to the spare HDMI port and configuring the computer to "Screen Mirroring."

I have no idea of how to do it with other operating systems.

TJ

I’d just plug in to an empty HDMI port directly on the TV vs trying to access in the AV cabinet. The laptop should automatically display then once you select that input.

Ok Thanks folks. I tried a Windows computer in the box. It worked. The problem is in the flavor of Linux.

Latest resources

Back