Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Diesel
TOW/TOAD
GMC Denali 2500
Fulltimer
No
Hello, for the rv forums chefs out there; what baking dishes do you like to use for convection cooking in the microwave? I found Staub baking dishes that are nicely sized but I'd like to know if you have found a muffin pan that you like? Thanks in advance!

Hello, for the rv forums chefs out there; what baking dishes do you like to use for convection cooking in the microwave? I found Staub baking dishes that are nicely sized but I'd like to know if you have found a muffin pan that you like? Thanks in advance!
If you are using the microwave feature, alone or in combination with convection bake, as some units allow, you cannot use metal, which pretty much limits you to a silicone muffin pan. If just using convection bake, you can get a better result with any good metal pan, like USA pans, William Sonoma gold, or Oxo. Judy D

Last edited:
I use two Wilton 6 slot muffin pans and use the programmed convection bake settings for muffins, baking one pan at a time.

I use two Wilton 6 slot muffin pans and use the programmed convection bake settings for muffins, baking one pan at a time.
Another great brand! Judy

If you are using the microwave feature, alone or in combination with convection bake, as some units allow, you cannot use metal, which pretty much limits you to a silicone muffin pan. If just using convection bake, you can get a better result with any good metal pan, like USA pans, William Sonoma gold, or Oxo. Judy D
Found Williams Sonoma Gold, thanks so much for the tip!

Ah, thank you…and should work with eggs as well? I like to mix up some eggs with onion, cheese, bacon, etc and pour them into the muffin pan. I’ll try it out at least but it sounds like convection cooking is pretty great. I’ll hVe to experiment. Thank you for the tip!

Nice tip on the Williams Sonoma Gold since I have a bunch of those already at the S&B that will be moving into the coach (at least what I can use in the convection oven). They are not inexpensive but work well overall. Looking forward to using them for making home made bread each week once I get my mixer from the S&B in the new coach.

Not to hijack but, since the manual says to keep the turntable on while using convection, has anyone found an easy way to keep the pans from sliding off the rack that sits on top of the turntable?

Nice tip on the Williams Sonoma Gold since I have a bunch of those already at the S&B that will be moving into the coach (at least what I can use in the convection oven). They are not inexpensive but work well overall. Looking forward to using them for making home made bread each week once I get my mixer from the S&B in the new coach.

Not to hijack but, since the manual says to keep the turntable on while using convection, has anyone found an easy way to keep the pans from sliding off the rack that sits on top of the turntable?
I'll be watching for the response to this one!

Ha! I've learned to be very deliberate about placement.

Ha! I've learned to be very deliberate about placement.
Yeah, I’m thinking about just turning the pan manually next time as the full size pizza pan of pizza rolls was an interesting attempt 😀. Won’t say how many times I had to pick things back up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back