Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Converting a Toyota Minivan into a (temporary) camper....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jenn.garden

RVF Newbee
I have been posting on the Prius FB group about converting my Sienna HYBRID minivan into a camper wondering if the same principles apply but since it's a different model may not so may have to start a new FB group for that, but not sure if anyone will join, people who spend over 40K, on an vehicle will probably buy an RV LOL, but it won't get up to 50 MPG (this is the only thing that exists now to get a vehicle with good mileage.) I want to learn as much as possible about hybrids, especially about what everyone raves about is being able to leave a car on for constant heating and cooling, (not just that but about adding other electronics etc.) but the dealers know little about it and transfer me to the service dept who probably know even less (usually get a voice mail and never call back), joined RV forums, though found no threads or topics about this in the forums, first one, I couldn't find out how to start a new thread (cause I just joined??) and the second, couldn't get the captcha to work for me. If anyone wants to join me, let me know and you can give me advice through this thread or I 'll learn how to start one a group on FB. With the kit I would be purchasing the set up is easy (and the convertibility is incredible) but am concerned about the electronics BUT the inverter is IN the car so you can easily plug in things.

For those interested to know how and like me, not handy, LQTM, this is the conversion kit I want to get...https://www.instacamperusa.com/arches

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back