RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
26 BH
RV Length
29 ft
Fulltimer
No
I am in the school in Texas at NRVTA. This morning in exteriors etc. I learned that all campers have a coroplast bottom on them.....my 2011 Jayflight 26BH does not and there is no indication that it ever had one. Does anyone else have one that has just the fabric under it?

I have never heard this before and I guess I haven’t been under enough RVs as I have never seen corrugated plastic used as sheeting under an RV.
What would be the reason for this to be used?

Your 2011 jayflight brochure advertises a polyflex underbottom covering which best I can tell is just thread impregnated plastic which comes in rolls.

Coroplast comes in sheets and is thicker and has some insulating value, although miniscule, so the manufacturers can advertise heated under bellies.

Yes, but to be at a school and find that educator's think they all have plastic underbellies leads me to wonder. Good find on the Jayco site.

I have never heard this before and I guess I haven’t been under enough RVs as I have never seen corrugated plastic used as sheeting under an RV.
What would be the reason for this to be used?
For one, the rats and mice and squirrels.

It would seem many do, but not all. I wonder when it was made an option or left off of some? This one of mine was sold in Eastern Maine, not the deep south so it seems it would have all the cold weather protection possible. The fabric is only "water resistant" so having only fiberglass batting above it is recipe for rot.

I am in the school in Texas at NRVTA. This morning in exteriors etc. I learned that all campers have a coroplast bottom on them.....my 2011 Jayflight 26BH does not and there is no indication that it ever had one. Does anyone else have one that has just the fabric under it?
Coroplast has been used as an underbelly material in travel trailers (at least, in my experience) for at least 12 years. My 2010 Nomad and my 2020 Microlite came with it. In fact, I recently had the coroplast off to inspect my freshwater tank. Interestingly I also discovered a thermal foil type of layer laying on top (on the inside) as well.

Latest resources

Back