Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
This past week we were on first trip of the season and had an interesting event I thought I'd share fyi. We had been out for the day w/Dometic CC2 thermostat off but, had used the furnace the prior night. Upon return, set furnace and AC I/II to on, set thermostat zone 2 to Furn. Surprise, both furnace and a/c fan came on. Switched zone 2 off, repeated and both came on again and again. Turned thermostat off, then on, switched to zone 1, Furn came on appropriately, no a/c fan. I performed this back and forth multiple times with the same result, then one more time and then both zone 1 & 2 a/c fans were blowing while the furnace was providing hot air. Both zones would completely stop when I switched each zone to off.

I turned zones off, then thermostat to off, turned off power at the pedestal and hit disconnect for 30-45 secs. No change. I next performed a reset on the thermostat, changed zones 1 and 2 back to Furn...no change, both Furn and a/c fans continued to run. I performed another reset on the thermostat...no change. After ~five or six attempts in shutting off the thermostat and resetting again (definition of insanity), the a/c fans quit starting when I set the zones to Furn. and everything returned to normal.
I know these Dometic CC2 thermostats can have problems so I thought I'd share this experience. Don't give up after only 1-2 attempts when performing a reset.

Latest resources

Back