• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Curious?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Getting close to retirement and the wife and I are contemplating a small bumper pull trailer to drag behind my Ram diesel. Thought it would be a good idea to hang out in here to find out what the experts are doing. :)

Welcome to the RVF glad you have joined us. Approaching retirement is an exciting time as is looking for the right RV

Welcome @meaningful meanderings! Any thoughts on how you might use it? Long trips? Short trips? Full timing? Do you have pets? Need room for grandkids? Would you want to take it into cold areas during the winter season?

Welcome. glad to have you. One question, what is small?

Will be just the two of us, she has cats but they don"t travel well. At present just considering one day to one week (ish) long trips. Looking for bumper pull less than 20' self contained. With the uncertainty of this plague and random business closures, having my own immediately accessable bathroom has a certain appeal. My truck has a camper shell that I do not want to remove for a 5th wheel and it seems prudent to at least start out small. I have a decent range of skills from HVACR and electrical to computers and electronics so can usually fix anything I can get (or improvise) parts for. I like the Airstream design but they seem heavy and expensive, even ued. At the moment the Casita design has my attention. Are there any abnormal problems for a guy say around 6' 2" living/sleeping in one of these things?

Latest resources

Back