RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
We have a 2021 Newmar Ventana & and have been on the road for 2 months. Around 3 weeks ago the dash AC seems Ed to stop working. It feels basically the same as just running the fan without AC.

I am thinking Freon, but was wondering if it could be something else I could check. We’ll be on the road for about 2 more weeks.
Thanks

Sounds like you may need to take it into a FL shop to have the unit checked.

If the PDM (Power Distribution Module) goes out, the dash air quits blowing cold air. This was a recall on the 2018/19 Ventana's which you're obviously not part of but easy check...look to see if your brake lights, turn signals work. If they don't, then thats probably what it is. The dash air not blowing cold air was the first indicator I had on my 2018. (Freightliner chasis)

My last check with Freightliner, was the replacement part was not working so they cancelled the recall until they can get a reliable board inside PDM unit. Again, the "chip monster" has affected our units. I do not have issue, (knock on wood) but being as your MH is almost new, first under warranty, second, have Newmar see if they have PDM unit to replace with yours. And go into FL dealership and have them check PDM, that diagnoses, and if bad, put you into priority replacement program if no stock locally. Make them your last stop since on the road, or schedule it close to home.

You may want to look at the AC compressor. See if it has any discoloration from heat.
We are on our 3rd one. The original lasted 4 K miles. Second one lasted 30 K miles. First one locked up and broke the belt. When the dash Air felt warm on the 2nd one, I looked at the compressor while it was running and saw sparks coming from the AC clutch and the pulley was different shades of blue and brown.
If in the OKC area, I recommend A&H Repair. aandhokc.com.

2021 does have PDM failure issue...just no recall as parts are not available.

Check to see if the compressor locks when AC is operating.

Thanks for all the comments. I agree with Neil - at this point will but in on the list for my dealer to look at when I get back to FL.

Happy travels.

Latest resources

Back