Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
As I'm not a great cook one thing I like to do is grill. When I got into RVing circa mid 2017 I got a Coleman Roadtrip Grill. I later learned of the Blackstone griddle so I got the 17 inch version and have loved that. In my online community reading I learned of pellet grills. Wasn't really sure of a pellet grill and having to also deal with carrying the wood pellets just like I really didn't want to deal with charcoal. I was on a trip in the summer of 2018 and noticed someone at a campground using one and figured I have to try that. I ordered the popularly talked about Davy Crockett by Green Mountain Grills as it's portable, can work off of 12V power (or 120V with transformer) and also has wifi which is nice for controlling the temps, monitoring food temps with the food temp probe, etc.

I've stowed the grill in 3 different bays so it fits fine in my coach where I want it from the front bay, the bay forward of the pegboard in my Newmar Ventana, but I finally landed it in the slideout bay as it fits in there just fine. I recently got the carry bag for it just to contain it within the basement to avoid any grease spillage, etc. The reviews weren't great on the bag but I've had no issues with it so far and recommend it. It's also nice when lifting it and it's rubbing up against you getting the somewhat heavy grill into the basement that you're not getting yuck on you.

As to cooking with it I've been impressed. I've made ribs, wings, steaks (got the searing plates for it) burgers, chicken, etc. The flavor is amazing, the way it cooks is amazing, I was wondering why it took so long. So I ordered one for the S&B (Daniel Boone) and continue pellet grilling when not on the road. If you haven't tried a pellet grill I suggest doing so, you'll be surprised at what you're missing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0195MZHBK/?tag=rvf01-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I5NCFFQ/?tag=rvf01-20

Latest resources

Back