• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rpkessler

RVF Newbee
Hello all,
We have a 2023 Fleetwood Discovery 38W and last week the daylight running lights (DRL) which have been working stopped. I contacted Freightliner and they said they were not allowed to give owners and electrical schematics. I should disconnect the chassis battery for 5 minutes and if that didn't work (it didn't) I should take it to the dealer.
Fleetwood sent me a drawing of the 12V headlight circuit wiring looms but there is no way to know how the DRL circuit works or where to troubleshoot it. Many cars have an ambient light sensor which turns on DRL but no one can tell me if the 38W has that sensor. Further, no one can tell me if the DRL lamps are powered through a diode like many autos. The diode reduces the voltage to the headlights by about .7V so they will last longer and not be so bright.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this issue. It certainly is not critical (since I can run with the parking lights or full headlights) but I am curious and would like to fix it. I know the RV has to be in Drive with the brake off. The biggest challenge with these RV's is trying to discover where components are located. My dealer is trying to help me but they are not getting much help from the factory either.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ron Kessler
[email protected]

Have you inspected the lights and wiring to see if the connector simply came off? It's a simple setup.

Latest resources

Back