RV Length
45’
Chassis
Frieghtliner
Engine
DD13orDD16
Fulltimer
No
About to build a renegade XL. Is there that much difference between the Dd13 vs DD 16? Would I regret not going with DD16 for towing stacker or would I be ok with the 505 hp? Im new here just excited to start the process. With a Super C
Thanks
Roger B

We have a Cummins ISX 15-600, with an Allison 4000 6 speed trans, in a 45’ Renegade. Bought this used so didn’t have much option, but originally wanted the DD13 engine with Detroit transmission.

If we were spec’ing a new build I would prioritize a transmission with more gears over the larger engine. But if pricing allowed, would have both the 12 speed transmission and the larger engine.

We have a Cummins ISX 15-600, with an Allison 4000 6 speed trans, in a 45’ Renegade. Bought this used so didn’t have much option, but originally wanted the DD13 engine with Detroit transmission.

If we were spec’ing a new build I would prioritize a transmission with more gears over the larger engine. But if pricing allowed, would have both the 12 speed transmission and the larger engine.
Reply, thanks for info. I’ll be going with IWS, transmission will have 12 speed Allision

Latest resources

Back