Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
what size/model de-humidifier do you all use?

That's what the air conditioner should be doing.

what size/model de-humidifier do you all use?
I assume you ask for when you store your rig. Small room works.
I personally use one in conjunction with an evaporative cooler.
Not why you would think!!!
I get the cooling, and I get distilled water, all in one!!! Thinking outside of the box!

I assume you ask for when you store your rig. Small room works.
I personally use one in conjunction with an evaporative cooler.
Not why you would think!!!
I get the cooling, and I get distilled water, all in one!!! Thinking outside of the box!
yes, while at home, we spend most the summer in our pool, travel in fall/spring, don't want to run the AC all summer when not in it

yes, while at home, we spend most the summer in our pool, travel in fall/spring, don't want to run the AC all summer when not in it
Look for one that offers a hose connection to drain water outside. Mine is a commercial one with a drain connection, and made of stainless steel. My neighbor has one that has a 2 gallon tank as well as hose bib connection. When she used the tank she had to empty it 3x a day. Her experience is what got me thinking about water recovery.

We us a standard room dehumidifier with the hose and just let it drain into the kitchen sink. We live in South Texas and after 3 summer months it usually has about 20 gallons in the grey tank.

I use two small non compressor type, with tank. WHEN IN FL roof A/C Plus these two barely keep the coach below 50% humidity. A compressor type would be better, but in a gasser, there is no room.

I use two small non compressor type, with tank. WHEN IN FL roof A/C Plus these two barely keep the coach below 50% humidity.
same problem I had in FL last fall in the fiver, had to dry the ceiling off every evening, so much condensation around the ac vents

I use two small non compressor type, with tank. WHEN IN FL roof A/C Plus these two barely keep the coach below 50% humidity. A compressor type would be better, but in a gasser, there is no room.
FYI; to prevent mold or any kind of smells you only have to go down below 60% humidity. I set my whole house dehumidifier to 55% so it did not have to work so hard.

FYI; to prevent mold or any kind of smells you only have to go down below 60% humidity. I set my whole house dehumidifier to 55% so it did not have to work so hard.
Interesting. Thanks. At home Inkeep it at 35%. The exception is the room with a lare wooden musical instrument which drinks much water (45-50 % in there).

Latest resources

Back