Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

WaynesACE

RVF Regular
I am new here, and desperate for help. I have a 2012 Thor ACE 29.2 motorcoach, and jumper cables were accidentally crossed on the coach battery. Since then, the radio, including the cameras, will not work. I have checked every fuse I can find that is associated with the stereo and everything appears fine. I even replaced the Buss.breaker but nothing. I took the stereo to a repair place and they hooked it up and it worked fine for them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can check? I haven't called Thor yet because from what I've read in other forums it will likely be a dead end. Thank you so much for your help.

I don't have a Thor, but if radio works at repair shop and not in coach, there is something blown in series to the radio. I have seen inline fuses quite a ways away from he radio back in the day, you might try tracing the power wire out of the radio. Good luck!

Once I had to dig in the dash behind the radio. Noticed more than one inline fuses.
Looks like some of the equipment comes with fuses installed on a pigtail, so they become buried inside the dash. That maybe happening in your case?

Once I had to dig in the dash behind the radio. Noticed more than one inline fuses.
Looks like some of the equipment comes with fuses installed on a pigtail, so they become buried inside the dash. That maybe happening in your case?
I found a fuse inserted directly into the rear of the radio which looked fine, and another inline behind that. I also reset the stereo but no luck. Thank you!

A fuse just looking good does not mean it is good. Also did you verify. That there is power getting to the radio.

I actually replaced them for that very reason, but no luck. I did not verify power yet but will check that. Thank you!
A fuse just looking good does not mean it is good. Also did you verify. That there is power getting to the radio.

Latest resources

Back