Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Some of you may have heard of this little gem named Deer Springs RV Park near Franklin, NC. I was lucky to be able to book a few days and enjoy the back side of fall colors in the stunning Smoky Mountains. Shockingly, my registration wasn't rejected and I got to meet some amazing people including a guy named @Jim and his wife Trish, a super great guy that some know as @GlampDaddy and his wonderful wife Jeanette. This RV park is a 10 star destination that you should book as soon as you can as there are limited sites in this small but amazing RV slice of paradise.

Full hookups and a great design with this new park with solid electrical, great water pressure, and pristine sites. There are full residential refrigerators in each site within your own gazebo and my site even had another tier (the veranda deck) with another picnic table and fire pit. Wood is free and delivered to your site. Franklin (city) is near by and has all you need among other little nuggets around the area with some farm fresh goodies.

Lots of great land to enjoy and the Internet is solid with the top tier Starlink feeding a well designed Wi-Fi system. While the owner doesn't believe I got good Verizon connectivity, well, I did, with my roof mounted Parsec Husky antenna connected to my Pepwave BR1 Pro 5G.

As @Jim is a drone pilot and convinced me to buy a drone as well (or two) we had great fun on the field with some video to come later. I even got @GlampDaddy to do some flying with mine, maybe we can hook him on it too for some FPV flying although he does have a sweet little DJI Mavic Mini 2 he let me fly.

This was the grand finale of my 4 month adventure and I couldn't ask for a better way to end it. @GlampDaddy gave me training on smoking a brisket and now I'm looking forward to giving it a try when I get home assuming he signs off on my apprenticeship. It was an exhausting 12 hours but we did it and had a wonderful dinner together.

Most pictures (memories) were taken without a camera, although the paparazzi got me in another thread, but here are a few.

This was truly one of the most amazing camping stays I've had. I highly recommend booking a week minimum at @Deer Springs RV Park wonderful campground and meet amazing owners and enjoy a spectacular location.

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG

I’m guessing that’s site 5?

Some of you may have heard of this little gem named Deer Springs RV Park near Franklin, NC. I was lucky to be able to book a few days and enjoy the back side of fall colors in the stunning Smoky Mountains. Shockingly, my registration wasn't rejected and I got to meet some amazing people including a guy named @Jim and his wife Trish, a super great guy that some know as @GlampDaddy and his wonderful wife Jeanette. This RV park is a 10 star destination that you should book as soon as you can as there are limited sites in this small but amazing RV slice of paradise.

Full hookups and a great design with this new park with solid electrical, great water pressure, and pristine sites. There are full residential refrigerators in each site within your own gazebo and my site even had another tier (the veranda deck) with another picnic table and fire pit. Wood is free and delivered to your site. Franklin (city) is near by and has all you need among other little nuggets around the area with some farm fresh goodies.

Lots of great land to enjoy and the Internet is solid with the top tier Starlink feeding a well designed Wi-Fi system. While the owner doesn't believe I got good Verizon connectivity, well, I did, with my roof mounted Parsec Husky antenna connected to my Pepwave BR1 Pro 5G.

As @Jim is a drone pilot and convinced me to buy a drone as well (or two) we had great fun on the field with some video to come later. I even got @GlampDaddy to do some flying with mine, maybe we can hook him on it too for some FPV flying although he does have a sweet little DJI Mavic Mini 2 he let me fly.

This was the grand finale of my 4 month adventure and I couldn't ask for a better way to end it. @GlampDaddy gave me training on smoking a brisket and now I'm looking forward to giving it a try when I get home assuming he signs off on my apprenticeship. It was an exhausting 12 hours but we did it and had a wonderful dinner together.

Most pictures (memories) were taken without a camera, although the paparazzi got me in another thread, but here are a few.

This was truly one of the most amazing camping stays I've had. I highly recommend booking a week minimum at @Deer Springs RV Park wonderful campground and meet amazing owners and enjoy a spectacular location.

View attachment 15424
View attachment 15423
Oh my I'm guessing you got your spot for free after that review !!! But from what I have seen and read you are spot on.

Affirmative
Sure wish we could have been there. I really wanted some of that brisket, along with making some new acquaintances! Judy

Oh my I'm guessing you got your spot for free after that review !!! But from what I have seen and read you are spot on.
Free? lol, no way! There was a suitcase full of small denomination bills involved as well. And did I mention the coach detail?

But seriously, thank you so much @Neal for coming by. And I had an absolute blast flying drones with you. Just wish that we could have gotten a couple more flights in but it wasn't in the cards.

For those who are interested, here is a short video of the area we were flying in. Lots of obstacles and lots of colors. If possible, play the video in as high a definition as possible, the standard version really sucks!

Man I'm absolutely dying to get out there. It's a hard sell on the wife to leave the kids behind though, I've tried to explain that it's not really leaving them behind as I'd be leaving them with her... I would be taking the dog, I'm not understanding why she's not aligned with me on this.

@Jim what drone shot that video?

Free? lol, no way! There was a suitcase full of small denomination bills involved as well. And did I mention the coach detail?

But seriously, thank you so much @Neal for coming by. And I had an absolute blast flying drones with you. Just wish that we could have gotten a couple more flights in but it wasn't in the cards.

For those who are interested, here is a short video of the area we were flying in. Lots of obstacles and lots of colors. If possible, play the video in as high a definition as possible, the standard version really sucks!

Jim you have a beautiful piece of property, do you seriously cut all that? Lots of work, it likes like a well manicured golf course (actually a 9 hole course would be awesome).

Tell me, do drone flying lessons come with site?

@Jim what drone shot that video?
DJI FPV. The same drone that @Neal bought and subsequently smoothed me into buying. :)

But it's all good, I've all but forgotten all my other drones. The FPV is absolutely the ONLY way to go!

Tell me, do drone flying lessons come with site?
Well sure! Neal was giving @GlampDaddy some seriously good instructions, so it's gong to be a matter of booking a date when "@Neal, the master drone instructor", is here. :)

Well I may never make it there. We have to pay 42 cents for each 1.00 US, diesel is 2.37 per litre, gas 1.80. I may have a hard time convincing El Thrifty hubby to go that far never mind telling him we need a Newell 😀

Latest resources

Back