Thor Motor Coach
RV Model
Four Winds 30D
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Trail Hawk
Fulltimer
No
Hope everyone is starting to get out and enjoys some of this weather. I have a question. Since I have a phobia about condensation in the RV, I was wondering if someone out there can tell me what kind of Dehumidifier they are using or is there some other method that works.

Thanks,
John

2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Windows 30D Ford
2020 Jeep Trailhawk (TOAD)

We have only been full-timing for 6 months, but instead of getting a dehumidifier we opted to first start with a humidistat, so we could have real measurements of the relative humidity. Then we would know if we needed a dehumidifier.

For around $20 (IIRC), we have a little device on the counter that we can see throughout the day. We have also placed it in closets and cabinets to get readings.

So far we have not needed to get a dehumidifier, but are able to keep things balanced, though a few times we closed windows and turned on the A/C when we may not have otherwise done if we didn’t have the humidistat.

We also changed habits such as remembering to use an exhaust fan to remove excess moisture when showering.
So far that tiny little humidistat has saved us from having to purchase and lug around another device in the RV.

:)

one very similar to this

61Sz6%2BhzKjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Pro Breeze Electric Dehumidifier 1200 Cubic Feet (215 sq ft) - Portable Mini Dehumidifier with Auto Shut Off for Home, Bedroom, Basement, Trailer, RV

Visit the Pro Breeze Store
4.3 out of 5 stars 15,228

I leave it on all of the time except when temp is below freezing inside.

Price:$44.99 & FREE Returns
Coupon
Save an extra 5% when you apply this coupon.

I bought one from Amazon. Works great!

With all due respect, those ProBreeze devices are rated to remove ~18 ounces of water a day! They can't be compared to "regular" dehumidifiers with ~30 pint a day capacity. In humid weather here in coastal TX our Frigidaire can fill its bucket in a day!

With all due respect, those ProBreeze devices are rated to remove ~18 ounces of water a day! They can't be compared to "regular" dehumidifiers with ~30 pint a day capacity. In humid weather here in coastal TX our Frigidaire can fill its bucket in a day!
I know. The big ones did not seem to have impressive reviews on Amazon. I also don’t have a lot of room. The main complaint was leaking or not shutting off after the bucket was full. Which Frigidaire do you have?

Latest resources

Back