Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mcleoddude

RVF Newbee
I hate my first post on a forum being one asking for help or suggestions but im in need. So this is my first travel trailer. Its a 2019 Keystone Bullet 243bhswe. I had it parked in outdoor storage without a cover on it since i bought it. I check it weekly....atleast try to. Well, anyway last week i noticed what seems to be delamination of the rear panel. I can push the laminate in a few inches like its bowing outward. I popped the lower window out to see the extent of the damage and saw no evidence of water intrusion. My big question is i cant feel or see old epoxy residue on the aluminum studs? The exterior looks like a thin coating of laminate bonded to fiberglass? Am i good to just use the method some people use on youtube and squirt epoxy in there and reseal it up?

Attachments

• 20230211_162559.jpg
    20230211_162559.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230211_162846.jpg
    20230211_162846.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 20230211_162542.jpg
    20230211_162542.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230211_162551.jpg
    20230211_162551.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Unfortunately, Keystone doesnt' use azdel. Looks like delamination. You can in fact squirt it in between the walls. It will not last though :( The only thing that would cause it is water, so if you can't see it, it is still likely present.

With the type of insulation thats in there do you know if Wet System 105 epoxy is the right choice for this. Im going to pop out the upper bunk window tomorrow and investigate more. What would be the best remedy for fixing this be? Thank you.

With the type of insulation thats in there do you know if Wet System 105 epoxy is the right choice for this. Im going to pop out the upper bunk window tomorrow and investigate more. What would be the best remedy for fixing this be? Thank you.
You can try a product like this : RV Wall Delamination Repair
Also, perhaps some more images with a flashlight shining down to see in the gap. It doesn't actually look like the fiberglass is separating from the actual luan on the backer. It looks like they're both just separated from the frame, which is a bit odd.

Ill gets some more photos of it tomorrow morning. So far from what i have seen it is seperating from the frame.

Latest resources

Back