Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
This morning I was thinking "what is my most desired campground"...so let's share this thought and you describe your perfect campground setup describing your site, amenities, etc. but this is not really a location question, this is just about your campground SITE.

I'm not a fan of RV parking lots. I realized recently I do like having other people around, I think there is a comfort factor in that as well as a touch of socializing as well. I like a spacious site, of course, with greenery on both sides and ideally a green belt between RV sites so you're not looking at another RV out the window on either side. Concrete pad is preferred, level of course. I don't want to be near an interstate (freeway for you left coasters) as many campgrounds seem to invite transient activity vs. long term by being just off the main drag. I want peace and quiet so that means no planes, trains, or automobiles and as of my recent camping experience that includes dirt bikes and four wheelers (it was insane being there during a dirt bike/4wheeler event). Part of the stress with a dog, especially those that are grass triggered is having a place to do their business with ease and without getting mauled by a bear in the process of getting there (Colorado Springs still haunts me having to walk a distance to the pet area and a mother and cubs frequented the campground). Forestation is good but I do like having satellite (and Internet of course). A pool is nice in the summer, good restaurants around is nice but I often like and prefer a camping feel so remote is good.

So to paint a simple picture, large site, privacy, no pet stress, peaceful, water feature is always calming, grass instead of dirt, well manicured and level.

Level site, concrete pad (or, at least, paved), stable electrical power, reasonably quiet, lots of space between pads (greenery between them is a plus) and a nice view is a big plus.

TJ

Last edited:
A nice water view out front, good neighbors, plenty of space, and a level site. Mountain view and nearby golf course, too.
No trains, trucks, sand fleas, grass burrs, barking dogs or obnoxious neighbors.

Level, spacious, privacy, friends, nearby sources of adult beverages, seafood, and mexican cuisine.

All of the above stated but please no obnoxious neighbors who start roaring bonfires that pour smoke into your area along with discarding cigarette butts (again into your area) and hordes of kids screaming and yelling riding bikes and scooters everywhere without regard for moving vehicles and lack of observant parents. No aggressive dogs either.

Of course nice, wide, level sites but not required to be paved as long as it’s good solid gravel. Reasonable water pressure (at least 40psi) and reasonably soft water. And for gosh sakes make sure the hookups are reasonably centered on the site Not way to the front or back. Love a nice view, especially a water view. CLEAN, with dust free roads, probably paved is best. Turf between sites really makes the site nicer as long as the sprinkler system doesn’t spray the coach. And, naturally, respectful campers are probably the most important of all.

All of the above. Respectful campers that don't cut through your site.

Boondocking within walking distance to a good fishing spot. Clear overhead for solar. Not a neighbor in site.

Looks like Ideal spots are hard to find, maybe even a pipe dream. I am with @GeoKat With this one. even that description is hard to find at anytime short of Wednesday any more.

Latest resources

Back