Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I had the euro booth in both my previous newmar coaches and the DW was not fond of it when both of were trying to work at the dinette.

There are 3 options besides the dinette and want to hear what you like or don’t like about any of the choices. Both DW and I are still working so access to a printer scanner is important but that could be anywhere in the coach with WiFi. The goal is to have functional desk and eating area solution from one of these three choices. These are 3 options in a DSDP.
  1. K127 combination desk with w/ free standing dinette
  2. K128 combination desk with buffet dinette.
  3. K133 desk dinette with rollaway top.​

Of the three, the roll away is the most interesting I think. They had one there in the design center when we visited last month. It wasn’t at all what I had envisioned. The planks are about 6 inches wide and the feel is solid. Pluses are it will virtually disappear if you push it all the way in and will pull out further than a standard hide a leaf. On the negative side, the cabinet does not have a printer shelf, but they will special that if you want.

The flexibility afforded by the free standing table led us to choose it.

I have the combination desk with buffet dinette. The rearward end of the buffet has a keyboard drawer which fits my laptop and my needs perfectly. Just below that is a printer tray on drawer slides. Again, just right. The table/desk pulls out easily for 4 person seating, which happens rarely. If I were to be ordering a new coach, I'd likely be leaning in the same direction with the combination desk/buffet dinette.

We just went and looked at the 4081 and a 4369! One had the booth and one had the dinette/desk. I could go either way. Husband will be working and likes the booth, believe it or not. He could work at the dinette and look out the window which I think would be better, however, he is the one who will be doing the majority of the work so I’ll let him be final judge. The dinette/desk has a great amount of space for the computers, printers, etc.

I think both can work at the dinette/desk option. K128 I believe is what we saw.

We had the booth in the Canyon Star and we did like that. Comfy and the storage underneath was awesome.

My DW says I was “kicking” her under the table in the booth when we were both working at it at the same time so she has ruled the the booth a no-go.

True on the kicking. :LOL: One or the other of us was kicking or getting our toes stepped on; and, the CS had a wider table from what I recall. I'll point that out to him when we put our order in...

My DW says I was “kicking” her under the table in the booth when we were both working at it at the same time so she has ruled the the booth a no-go.

True on the kicking. :LOL: One or the other of us was kicking or getting our toes stepped on; and, the CS had a wider table from what I recall. I'll point that out to him when we put our order in...
These are the main reasons I never choose a booth, even in a restaurant. Plus the sliding sideways push with the hips and knees. Then there’s the set distance from the seating to the table. Did I mention I don’t like booths at all?

I’ve not used nor even seen the freestanding table. Without that experience I can think of some good things, like being able to remove it completely from the buffet.

I’ve not used nor even seen the freestanding table. Without that experience I can think of some good things, like being able to remove it completely from the buffet.

We selected it for the ability to place it anywhere in the coach. We are in the hobby of showing dogs, and you can use it as a grooming table in a pinch. The only negative I noted with it is it does not slide out easily if your slide is carpeted. Tiled, no problem.

I love my desk with buffet dinette. Gonna order it again. Lots of room for printer and scanner underneath pullout for computer. There is also a nice file drawer if you want to use it as such. ?

Latest resources

Back