• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Diesel discount card

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You got me thinking about this again and TSD seems to be mentioned most often with positive results. So I did a quick search and came up with this: Open Roads - Discount Fuel Program - TSD Logistics Review
I might just take the plunge especially since it appears you can get a full tank in one transaction, even at “out of network” stations rather than running a pump three times or more that has a $100 cut off.

You got me thinking about this again and TSD seems to be mentioned most often with positive results. So I did a quick search and came up with this: Open Roads - Discount Fuel Program - TSD Logistics Review
I might just take the plunge especially since it appears you can get a full tank in one transaction, even at “out of network” stations rather than running a pump three times or more that has a $100 cut off.
I agree, and seeing as how were planning on several months traveling south during the winter, I decided to sign up as well.

So in the process of signing up, I see they do an ACH debit to a checking account to get their money back on the fuel you buy. So I need an account number. Can you help me out Rich? (-: lol

Can anyone help me with a discount card suggestion that could get me 30 to 40 cents off per gallon?
Hi Mike. I believe the above mentioned TSD program is only good for diesel purchases so if you're driving a gasser, this may not be the program for you.

Some but not all open a separate checking account for the ACH debit. They also send you a statement prior the debit. It’s a very good program that saves money depending on participating locations. For perspective ACH volume was 7.6 billion transactions totaling 19.2 trillion dollars in the 3rd quarter of 2022 so it’s a safe option for money movement.

Can anyone help me with a discount card suggestion that could get me 30 to 40 cents off per gallon?
GasBuddy phone app will show who has the highest and lowest price in any given area. For gas and diesel. Free. Nothing to buy (unless you sign up for the in-app junk). Plus you have the freedom of not being tied to a specific chain. Locally today there is a 35cent spread on regular gas and a 31 cent spread on diesel. I've seen it almost a dollar difference. The local track stops tend to have the highest prices on diesel.

GasBuddy phone app will show who has the highest and lowest price in any given area. For gas and diesel. Free. Nothing to buy (unless you sign up for the in-app junk). Plus you have the freedom of not being tied to a specific chain. Locally today there is a 35cent spread on regular gas and a 31 cent spread on diesel. I've seen it almost a dollar difference. The local track stops tend to have the highest prices on diesel.
I look at gas buddy sometimes - but gas buddy won’t show the price you get with a discount card. Need to have the TSD card and app to be able to see what is available.

I’ve used TSD Open Roads fleet discount for 4 years and over 60,000 miles.

Would consider myself insane to not use it, having saved as much as a dollar per gallon! I’ve saved over $400 in the last couple months alone!

Here’s a couple receipts.
8D96BCCD-C1D0-4803-BDB2-2AEC8A33C776.jpeg
1E0A14CB-E124-4BC4-B3A6-4B00258C4D42.jpeg

For the paranoid, the safe way is to establish an ACH account that only has as much as you need to cover the auto withdrawals. This is a good practice no matter WHO the company is.

No need to be afraid of an ACH transaction. If you understand how the process works, they're very safe. Full disclosure: Before I sold the company and retired, my company wrote and provided ACH processing software solutions, and subsequently processed the transactions that were originated through those software solutions.

For any company to set up an ACH debit, they have to go through their bank or have a banking partner that will process their ACH transactions. But either way, the bank who is processing the transactions (the originating bank) is on the hook for each and every chargeback or fraudulent transaction that is processed through said bank. As you may expect, the originating bank is going to be very careful when approving someone to process ACH transactions through their fedline.

So you, as a person who is having money debited from your account, can go to your bank and reverse any transaction that is incorrectly or fraudulently processed against your account. Up to 7 years in the case of fraudulent transactions. If the company that was originating the transactions has taken the money and ran, then the originating bank has to return the money.

In short, if you didn't authorize the debit, the money has to be returned. Just that simple.

Good info, @Jim. I have not read that anywhere else.

Latest resources

Back