Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
I have two questions -I'm not sure where to put them. i'll make two separate posts.
First question: Since we're having some airbag issues I'm a little sensitive now to any sound. Is it normal to hear a "ch" sound, somewhat like the brakes make, while traveling down the road, about every 15 to 25 seconds? We had diesel pusher for several years before this one, and I can't remember if this is normal.
We're having some issues with our airbag or solenoid.... and the freightliner guy I talk to on the phone suggested that the bags might be over-inflating, so I was thinking about that "ch"sound.

Normal - it's the air tanks popoff valve.

That’s part of the air dryer system. There “can” be issues that will make that valve purge more often than it should. Water, bad regulator being a couple.

Some rigs, like our’s, will only give a hard pop-off when the tanks come up to pressure. After that, it’s rare I hear it.

Well, hmmmm posting next question soon

With our rig, I will occasionally hear the pop off release. Nowhere near as often as you are hearing it on your coach.

Agree with the above, every 15-25 seconds is not normal.

What do your air gauges read when the sound occurs? Does the psi increase or decrease after the “ch”? This my help isolate an issue.

Agree with the above, every 15-25 seconds is not normal.

What do your air gauges read when the sound occurs? Does the psi increase or decrease after the “ch”? This my help isolate an issue.
We're not driving right now... been parked for two weeks, but the gauges stay steady while we're traveling.
I'm looking at three clues right now, Which might be all or none related:
1... that "ch" sound
2. the porpoising that occurs occasionally ( we're trying to determine if there's a series of actions that leads to that)
3. the fact the equalizer does not dump air before leveling

Gotcha, maybe the three issues are related?

Latest resources

Back