Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Difficulty getting our almost new Jayco North Point serviced...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bluegrass express

RVF Newbee
Been waiting about 4 months for parts for our almost new Jayco North Point 5th wheel. The rear jacks are splaying out and it has gotten progressively worse over time. The plates they are attached to are bent. I have no idea why. The camper has had very little use. Also, the Lippett panel that controls the automatic leveling and other functions fell off the wall. We've only been able to use our camper 1 year/season since we purchased it new in 2018. Last year it was the pandemic. This year we're waiting (indefinitely) on parts. I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever be able to use our camper again. Perhaps someone from Jayco (or RV 1 in Altoona, IA) will see this and expedite things. Jill, at RV 1 has been very nice and as helpful as she can be. But I think she has very little control over the situation. Feeling pretty helpless right now. I have no idea when we will have a fully functional camper again.

New member here. Just purchased a 2015 Jayco Redhawk with only 5K miles. Picking it up tomorrow. This is my first Class C. Seems the side mirror auto adjust doesn’t work. Anyone fix this problem before.

Been waiting about 4 months for parts for our almost new Jayco North Point 5th wheel. The rear jacks are splaying out and it has gotten progressively worse over time. The plates they are attached to are bent. I have no idea why. The camper has had very little use. Also, the Lippett panel that controls the automatic leveling and other functions fell off the wall. We've only been able to use our camper 1 year/season since we purchased it new in 2018. Last year it was the pandemic. This year we're waiting (indefinitely) on parts. I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever be able to use our camper again. Perhaps someone from Jayco (or RV 1 in Altoona, IA) will see this and expedite things. Jill, at RV 1 has been very nice and as helpful as she can be. But I think she has very little control over the situation. Feeling pretty helpless right now. I have no idea when we will have a fully functional camper again.

Are you able to deal with or repair the issues yourself? If so, I'd proceed and not wait on RV service. Otherwise, I see that it would be up to the selling dealer, presuming it is in warranty, to do the repairs. Personally and fortunately, I am able to do all repairs myself. I save a LOT of money and have little to no aggravation. Therefore, if it doesn't work, I fix it. I like it that way.

Are you able to deal with or repair the issues yourself? If so, I'd proceed and not wait on RV service. Otherwise, I see that it would be up to the selling dealer, presuming it is in warranty, to do the repairs. Personally and fortunately, I am able to do all repairs myself. I save a LOT of money and have little to no aggravation. Therefore, if it doesn't work, I fix it. I like it that way.
We are at this point to fix everything we can ourselves. Unfortunately left the RV a month ago for repairs. They will not touch the rv until all parts are in. In the mean time we are waiting travel time, our rv is getting bit by the hot weather. They offer me to take the rv back home but wouldn't even fix the door lock that need to be replaced and they have it since we dropped the rv. So yes I am doing my research how can I get parts if we need services and learning ourselves as much we can. Definitely don't get why the service departments love to storage rvs for services. Waste time for everyone all around.

We are at this point to fix everything we can ourselves. Unfortunately left the RV a month ago for repairs. They will not touch the rv until all parts are in. In the mean time we are waiting travel time, our rv is getting bit by the hot weather. They offer me to take the rv back home but wouldn't even fix the door lock that need to be replaced and they have it since we dropped the rv. So yes I am doing my research how can I get parts if we need services and learning ourselves as much we can. Definitely don't get why the service departments love to storage rvs for services. Waste time for everyone all around.
I take it that's the only Jayco dealer in your area?

I take it that's the only Jayco dealer in your area?
Well I don't know about the Jayco only dealer in the area. It's CW and after reading others post regarding services I believe dealers work like that. I just don't get it. Isn't a warranty work. I am paying fix the parts you got now and then we do the rest when the parts come. We'll they won't move the rv to the repeat shop . Are they lazy or It's just liability? I am new to rving but my God we just don't get why they don't understand that time means money for everyone..

Well I don't know about the Jayco only dealer in the area. It's CW and after reading others post regarding services I believe dealers work like that. I just don't get it. Isn't a warranty work. I am paying fix the parts you got now and then we do the rest when the parts come. We'll they won't move the rv to the repeat shop . Are they lazy or It's just liability? I am new to rving but my God we just don't get why they don't understand that time means money for everyone..
I had a hell of a time finding a shop willing to do some insurance work on my trailer. Keep trying.

Latest resources

Back