Difficulty getting our almost new Jayco North Point serviced...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
Been waiting about 4 months for parts for our almost new Jayco North Point 5th wheel. The rear jacks are splaying out and it has gotten progressively worse over time. The plates they are attached to are bent. I have no idea why. The camper has had very little use. Also, the Lippett panel that controls the automatic leveling and other functions fell off the wall. We've only been able to use our camper 1 year/season since we purchased it new in 2018. Last year it was the pandemic. This year we're waiting (indefinitely) on parts. I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever be able to use our camper again. Perhaps someone from Jayco (or RV 1 in Altoona, IA) will see this and expedite things. Jill, at RV 1 has been very nice and as helpful as she can be. But I think she has very little control over the situation. Feeling pretty helpless right now. I have no idea when we will have a fully functional camper again.

Tamelah

New member here. Just purchased a 2015 Jayco Redhawk with only 5K miles. Picking it up tomorrow. This is my first Class C. Seems the side mirror auto adjust doesn’t work. Anyone fix this problem before.

Bob K4TAX

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Wildwood XL 253 RLXL
RV Length
25 ft or so
TOW/TOAD
Chev 2011 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ
Fulltimer
No
Been waiting about 4 months for parts for our almost new Jayco North Point 5th wheel. The rear jacks are splaying out and it has gotten progressively worse over time. The plates they are attached to are bent. I have no idea why. The camper has had very little use. Also, the Lippett panel that controls the automatic leveling and other functions fell off the wall. We've only been able to use our camper 1 year/season since we purchased it new in 2018. Last year it was the pandemic. This year we're waiting (indefinitely) on parts. I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever be able to use our camper again. Perhaps someone from Jayco (or RV 1 in Altoona, IA) will see this and expedite things. Jill, at RV 1 has been very nice and as helpful as she can be. But I think she has very little control over the situation. Feeling pretty helpless right now. I have no idea when we will have a fully functional camper again.

Are you able to deal with or repair the issues yourself? If so, I'd proceed and not wait on RV service. Otherwise, I see that it would be up to the selling dealer, presuming it is in warranty, to do the repairs. Personally and fortunately, I am able to do all repairs myself. I save a LOT of money and have little to no aggravation. Therefore, if it doesn't work, I fix it. I like it that way.