Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Who has a digital clamp meter to test voltage and current of a live wire? Brand? Is this something that is useful or just nice to have? I have a multimeter, actually several. Have found these to be very useful but thought that a clamp meter might be easier, especially for remote or one handed testing.

Thoughts, comments?

I am thinking Klein or Fluke Tool. Nothing too fancy...

They are certainly useful for troubleshooting. Klein generally has good tools but since all my other electrical measuring tools are Fluke, I’d lean that way. You can’t go wrong with either one.

TJ

Last edited:
GREAT TOOL!! In fact, I’m going to be producing a video showing some neat ways to use one.

It is something I wish I had had long ago; even beyond my Fluke.

I bought an Ideal from Lowes, which was the best value and had a VERY unique feature…a secondary LCD display on the BOTTOM! This has proven invaluable in tight places.

I bought this from Amazon as I couldn’t find anything decent locally for the time frame I wanted it in:

Meterk Digital Clamp Meter Multimeter 4000 Counts Auto-ranging Multimeter AC/DC Voltage & Current Tester with Resistance, Capacitance, Frequency, Continuity, Diode Test, Non-contact Voltage Detection Meterk Digital Clamp Meter Multimeter 4000 Counts Auto-ranging Multimeter AC/DC Voltage & Current Tester with Resistance, Capacitance, Frequency, Continuity, Diode Test, Non-contact Voltage Detection - - Amazon.com

Lots of great options out there; just make sure the clamp will do both AC and DC.

GREAT TOOL!! In fact, I’m going to be producing a video showing some neat ways to use one.

It is something I wish I had had long ago; even beyond my Fluke.

I bought an Ideal from Lowes, which was the best value and had a VERY unique feature…a secondary LCD display on the BOTTOM! This has proven invaluable in tight places.

While I’m a dedicated Fluke guy and have several of their meters, including a clamp meter, I really like the secondary bottom display on that Ideal unit. I’m thinking one of those just might find its way into my electrical toolbox as well. Thanks for the heads-up @CaptainGizmo.

TJ

As promised, @Joe Goodxrvn, here's the video I released on the Clamp Meter!
Hope you enjoy.

Hey, @TJ&LadyDi, be sure to check it out, too; you'll love that bottom display!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back