RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
I was always concerned about the way the dining table is attached to the wall as it is quite heavy, and vibration/jolts while traveling make it a problem waiting to happen. I had the idea of supporting it while traveling with something in the middle to the floor. Short adjustable curtain rod slips in and out easily and should quell any vibration issues. Disclaimer: I haven't had this on the road yet, but I'm thinking it should work.

Attachments

• 20210202_115310.jpg
    20210202_115310.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 12
Jeanette did the same thing using a spring-loaded refrigerator bar (the kind that are supposed to keep your stuff from jumping out after some road time). It has worked great for more than two years. Good idea!

I see you have the euro both dinette. We kept hearing a squeak and finally traced to the booth, bolts holding them to the floor were loose. Tighten them a couple of times, finally used a little glue problem solved. This was on our 2017 DS haven’t had a problem on the 2020. Might check since your looking for things to improve?

I use a 1 inch dowel rod with rubber walking cane tips on the ends. It is used when I add the second leaf to the table. Had a local woodworker make the second leaf. We have the Euro booth.

Latest resources

Back