RVF Expert
RV Year
RV Make
Salem
RV Model
Hemisphere 346RK
RV Length
38'
Hey, I just purchased a King Tailgater Pro bundled with two Wallys. I got both up and running, but then the secondary Wally gives the error message "Lost Satellite Signal". I rebooted the Wally and end result is the same. It works for the first couple of channel changes and lost signal message appears. Main Wally functions like it is supposed to. If I swap coax on the Tailgater then that Wally works perfect, BUT the other one looses signal. I have a call into King for tech support, but they have a message "Due to larger than normal inquiries leave a message and we will call you back in TWO to THREE DAYS"!! Anyone have any suggestions for either troubleshooting or do I wait for a phone call? If it turns out to be the Tailgater they claim I have to ship mine to them (at my expense) and they will see what is wrong with it. Sounds to me like a great way to deny warranty......

@Gronk I have Dish and Wally receivers but do not have the antenna system you have. My assumption is the antenna you have can only lock onto one sat at a time. Based on your description of the issue it sounds to me like the coax that "always works" is a 'master" that controls which sat the antenna is locked on based on the channel selection on that Wally. It sounds like the second coax which works on some channels is limited to what ever channels are on the sat that the "master" is locked onto.

George, you are correct, but I get absolutely nothing on the secondary wally. The primary is the one that decides which satellite we are on, but I can not even get the same channel on the secondary that the primary is on. Like I said, the error message is signal lost. As of 8PM PDT I have not gotten a call back from King. I called them Saturday morning. Some customer service.........

@Gronk So If I understand both receivers work fine when connected to the antenna MAIN connection and both receivers have the malfunction when connected to the antenna AUX connection, is that accurate? When you connect the receiver to the AUX connection have you run the switch test then a receiver reset? (i.e. hold the power button for 10 sec to reset)

I gave up on the second Wally myself. Even the paid technician could not make it work?

George, you are correct. No matter what I do the second one will not have a signal. Still waiting for a call back from King......
Buly, you don't make me confident with your experience!

Have you tried calling Dish? My experience with their customer service has been great. They can see each Wally box and may be able to tell you what they see is the problem.

Yep, Neal, I called Dish probably four times and they said I need to contact King. They had no idea as to why I keep getting the no signal error other than something defective in the antenna. I was really hoping it was something stupid simple that I was missing.

Just thinking out loud, try swapping Wally boxes to make sure one is not defective? Is it the same endpoint that has the problem?

Swapped coax at the antenna and which ever wally is on the primary output of the antenna everything works and secondary has no signal. That tells me that the boxes and coax are functional, so that only leaves one thing left.

Latest resources

Back