RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Itasca Suncruiser
RV Length
35U
B8F73703-183F-454A-A03B-DB1AC1DD3DD2.jpeg
432418DA-D015-4FFF-996C-89F244D460E4.jpeg
What level of skill and time frame do I need to replace this myself? Both edges peeled up. Can’t wait another month to get into the shop for “warranty” work which will likely take six mos.

Attachments

• 69AFA793-B2FF-4D2A-9305-3EA7B082B626.jpeg
    69AFA793-B2FF-4D2A-9305-3EA7B082B626.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
This will take advanced DIY skills and the ability to lift large items off and back onto the roof. If you'd like to see what's involved, James, an experienced RV tech in Arizona, has a Youtube channel with a lot of roof replacement videos. AZ Expert

CDCB3B14-B5A1-4111-8C7D-B74A0DFB9CFB.jpeg
Thanks. I actually watched James’ videos last night. I suspected the end caps needed to be removed to do it correctly, and when he showed that (and the wood deck replacement) my heart essentially sank. Our replacement was indeed installed shoddily (lots of missing red glue on the fiberglass, no sanding or removal of original glue, etc.). I’m not feeling very hopeful it will be done correctly this time either. ?

Thanks. I actually watched James’ videos last night. I suspected the end caps needed to be removed to do it correctly, and when he showed that (and the wood deck replacement) my heart essentially sank. Our replacement was indeed installed shoddily (lots of missing red glue on the fiberglass, no sanding or removal of original glue, etc.). I’m not feeling very hopeful it will be done correctly this time either. ?

Latest resources

Back