Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
This morningI went to hookup and I was missing one hitch clip to secure the hitch pin. I won’t admit this is the 2nd time this happened this trip, now at CG #4 of the trip. The first time though I was able to look below the tow bar and find it. This time was different as I’ve moved both the coach and toad to try to find a SAT signal. I looked everywhere and couldn’t find it so either I screwed up or it was stolen. I’m sure it wasn’t stolen, but it’s possible. I hadn’t put the slides in yet so I went to the spare parts bin under my bed knowing I had spare hitch pins but wasn’t sure if I had the clips too, I did. I was thinking about alternatives such as cotter pin clips or something in case I didn’t have them.

I pulled the coach forward prior to leaving and went back for a final look and found the missing clip so I removed the spare and put in the primary. This time though spares are staying in the toad.

So the lesson learned is, as I have done, be sure to carry spare tow bar accessories for situations like this where a pin goes missing. Secondary lesson is pay closer attention to securing at disconnect.

I carry extra connector pins in the toad because you just never know what might happen. I will also carry a spare air hose once I get going for AF1.

Yep! Extra pins, extra clips, extra AFO Air Hose, extra AFO Hose couplers and extra breakaway cable. Also have spare safety cables and electrical wire. The only thing I don’t have is a second towbar itself

I cary lots of extras.

I carry an extra AFO air hose, a set off air hose couplers, a breakaway cable and a set of covers for the air fittings onthe coach and toad.

Safe travels.

I carry spares for everything except the tow bar itself. So far, I haven't needed any of those parts, but on two occasions others have benefited from my inventory.

Last edited:
I carry extra pins and clips.

Latest resources

Back