Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
On my travels we always have a plan/schedule and destination. I admit that I don’t do spontaneous very well. Especially as i have matured.

my latest venture is to go to the Northeast and retrieve some family members. Return said family members to Florida.

there is time pressure, and financial consequences to get this done, so no sight seeing on this trip.

how do you motivate folks along without driving everyone nuts?

Sometimes I feel like the Boss on Wagon Train, pushing folks along, keeping those doggies rolling! Throw in a little Rawhide…?

The military ruined my spontaneity genes. For me, on time is late. Equally, many people failed to comprehend the urgency of a situation. My DW, even after 30 years, is one of those that resists efforts to stay on schedule. When I add in children and grandchildren, I have to self medicated to prevent melt down. Do I ever feel like the trail boss, yep! all the dang time.

Thank good for beer and bourbon!

I feel your pain Joe. My DW and Old Bubblehead's have a lot in common! When we are in a stationary spot for 2 to 4 weeks I always caution her about making plans or commitments the day prior to departure. She knows I like to have 24 hours free to load the motorcycle, pack stuff up, and check everything. It never fails she will slip something in. Drives me nuts!

Latest resources

Back