Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Do you have this particular fantastic vent?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neemer

Crayon Eater
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
This is one of those little niggling issues that I cannot let go of. My coach came with three fantastic vents that I cannot match the Newmar provided model number with any documentation. The owners manual is very generic, as is Newgle for that matter. I sent a query to Newmar and received a reply which sheds little light on it, although it did lead me to find it on their parts site. I’m attaching pics of the relevant parts catalog page and a pic of the vent itself.

There are two things I’m trying to understand: There is a little knob labeled “Lock”. I cannot figure out what it does. Secondly, there is a red glow that looks like an LED somewhere around the fan blades themselves. I don’t know what that is either.

The apparent model number 5350 is absent from Dometic’s website. Anyone have one of these that can help me out? My OCD needs to move on to the next issue. By the way, the vent in the 1/2 bath beeps twice intermittently every 15-25 min or so. Of course, it wouldn’t do it when I had the tech with me at FPU. It was driving me crazy so I removed the fuse.
793FE5E4-4D42-4115-AAA0-0D7261CBA7F5.jpeg
B0D87EB3-015D-403F-95C8-09F61BBEDCA6.jpeg

What does your remote/fan control look like?

It’s one of those KIB panels.

68F02E5F-7A47-4A84-B9B9-8EE64F7B9DA4.jpeg

The lock tab will lock the cover from opening. The red light is your rain sensor indicator.

The rain sensor will beep when it detects ANY moisture. To OVERRIDE the rain sensor, in order to use the fan while showering, you must hold the fan button on for a few seconds. You should see the “Override” LED light up on the panel.

There may be a malfunction in that sensor of it beeps when it’s dry.

Beyond that, I’d be inclined to think that a double-beep was an error in the motor cut-off circuit; perhaps it’s trying to force the lid closed too far.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The rain sensor will beep when it detects ANY moisture. To OVERRIDE the rain sensor, in order to use the fan while showering, you must hold the fan button on for a few seconds. You should see the “Override” LED light up on the panel.

There may be a malfunction in that sensor of it beeps when it’s dry.

Beyond that, I’d be inclined to think that a double-beep was an error in the motor cut-off circuit; perhaps it’s trying to force the lid closed too far.
Interesting. The beeping occurs when the unit is off. The beeps have the same tempo as the double beeps you get when you first turn the unit off.

Latest resources

Back