Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No

Without watching the video yet, I would say yes. My impact sockets are MUCH heavier than my regular Craftsman sockets and they work better with an impact than the thinner sockets do.

OK now, lets watch the video.............. :ROFLMAO:

Haven’t watched the video either, but my take is that physics is at work here. It takes more force to get the heavier socket moving, and more force to stop it. The reverse is true for the lighter socket. My guess is that it is a wash.

Guess I’d better watch the video now too.

TJ

I know already but gave it a look. I heard him mention Honda crank bolts which are the exact reason I own a set of weighted sockets. I have used them on other things too. In one case a 13mm subframe bolt that nothing else would budge. Not even an Ingersoll 3/4" air impact. My 1/2" drive electric Milwaukee impact with a weighted socket technically didn't break it loose either, it sheared it right off. But saved the day as the remainder of the bolt was easily dealt with once the subframe was finally out of the way. The weighted socket impressed everyone involved, including me. Not everyday tools, that's for sure.
(That subframe bolt was at a rubber bushing which would have flamed up if a torch were used.)

Latest resources

Back