Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Barry J

RVF Regular
I have a dometic heater strictly gas, DFLA40211.
When thermostat calls for heat, the fan starts, I hear clicking by no ignition. All breakers are on, all switches are on. All gas valves are turned on. The gas was purged by running the gas stove burner. I took out the sail switch and it was clean. All other components are clean of dust and hair. Could the sail switch be bad or could it be the gas valve that is bad. No gas smell is evident.

I have a dometic heater strictly gas, DFLA40211.
When thermostat calls for heat, the fan starts, I hear clicking by no ignition. All breakers are on, all switches are on. All gas valves are turned on. The gas was purged by running the gas stove burner. I took out the sail switch and it was clean. All other components are clean of dust and hair. Could the sail switch be bad or could it be the gas valve that is bad. No gas smell is evident.
Clicking but no gas? Look for a shut-off valve.
Does the solenoid click?

And you can feel the solenoid operating? You may need a hand to check that when you turn the heater on.

Oh! Have you checked the 12v supply voltage?

Is your interior propane sniffer turned on. On my unit if the sniffer is not switched on then no LP will be delivered (with the exception of the LP generator).

Latest resources

Back