Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Salty Bob

RVF Regular
My wife and I were coming back to Texas from Colorado this past Saturday and had to make a detour around a vehicle on fire in the road way. The road was dusty and very narrow on the detour. So when we stopped for the night at an rv park, we found our ice box door open and items were on the floor from the rough detour road. The ice box will not turn on and I have checked the 12 volt and 110 volt panel inside the trailer. I also learned of the fuses on the outside of the fridge and tested them. All showed to be good. What esle should I do to make the fridge come on? Thanks Bob

How did you “test” the fuses; with a VOM? If so, they still could be bad. It only takes a minute remnant of the fusible link making contact to have them look like they are good to a VOM, but they won’t carry any current. The best practice is to replace questionable fuses with brand new ones of the same value.

TJ

Another thing to try is to shut it down and close the door. Give it a few minutes and try to power it up again.

I have tested the fuses with a VOM and have changed out a couple with new ones. i have tried closing it and turning it off. Still will not come on. I wonder if there is a fuse in the interior control panel. Also I am going to trace 12 volt power from battery source up the line with a meter. Thanks for the suggestions.

I solved the problem with my Dometic #2652 fridge not powering up. Found an inline fuse from the +12 volt to the thermofuse on the vent was bad, Dues Camping in Dickenson, Texas gave it to me free because he said it has been on his shelf for years. So nice to be able to drive up and buy parts and not order on the internet.

Thanks for coming back and telling us what the fix was!

Latest resources

Back