Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
There was discussion sometime ago maybe on another forum about door closing on Newmar coaches, some requiring a slam for the travel position, etc. Some have adjusted the lock catch via the PTL web site and a different catch that some may not have which I bought and have not and most likely will not install (too much effort and some risk). I got the shorter bumpers that go between the door and screen door from PTL.

The problem I've experienced with the shorter bumpers is it is allowing some play between the door and screen door which can cause some rattling. Obviously this all depends on your particular setup but for me the shorter bumpers were not an improvement. When my outer door is shut, which does take a bit of a slam effort, I want the bumpers touching and pushing against the screen door assembly to avoid any rattling while driving.

Moral is shorter bumpers may not be the best fit, there is a reason Newmar installed the longer bumpers and in my case it was the right choice.

Today's drive had zero screen door rattle. Long bumpers are what mine needs.

I went the old fashion way. I sanded the long bumpers down until I got the fit I needed. It took several times sanding and trying but it worked.

I took mine bumpers off and still could hardly close my door to the second catch....will fix it someday...

I have 2 short and 1 long (top)...works for me.

As a side note I still have a hard time closing the door. But I did find that if I open the drivers window about 2 inches it much easier to close. Guess the motorhome is fairly tight.

Latest resources

Back