Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have just received my Nexas NL102P tool that claims to do a forced regen on the Cummins ISX-15.

It does not work. I am in the process of working with support to get this resolved, but for now this tool DOES NOT WORK on the ISX-15.

I also tested on my 2021 Dodge Ram..and it too fails.

I will post an update if tech support resolves the problem.

Is it providing any valuable info besides not doing the forced regen? Obviously I'm interested in soot level. Can it give you a heads up of a regen needed soon and then follow up later to see if an auto regen corrected it?

Is it providing any valuable info besides not doing the forced regen? Obviously I'm interested in soot level. Can it give you a heads up of a regen needed soon and then follow up later to see if an auto regen corrected it?
No, it does not provide that data either. It does nothing more than what the Bluefire app does.

I am going to check with the BF developer to see if soot level can be added to the tool, and possibly DPF Regen.

@flyboy013 : Any chance you know enough about the Cummins ECU to know if the required PGN is documented?

Does BF work on the Ventana (2017)?

Soot level was one thing and during the regen he was talking about differential pressures, I think between the DPF and SCR. This differential may be of value once we learn about it.

I just received a reply from Nexas support. Frankly, I am very impressed with how quickly they respond:

Here is the exact reply:
Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for reaching out,

For Cummins engine DPF regen, Please kindly enter through " HD OBD" then select J1939 or J1708 protocols to diagnose it, to see if you can read and clear engine fault codes, read engine live datam, turn off engine check light, etc.

Generally to successfully perform the engine oil reset and DPF regeneration, pls kindly meet these demands

1, Pls make sure the engine does not have trouble codes or other phisical malfunctions, if has, pls repair it firstly;
2, Engine running at idle speed, and water temperature should be higher than 80 Celse Degree.
3, Coolant temperature is higher than 60"C Degree; Fuel temperature is lower than 70"C degree;
4, The DPF soot level is higher than 80% full; Need to be regen.

I did not meet condition 2 or 3. I have no idea if I met condition 4. I am going to ask for details on condition 4, as that would provide the data we are after :)

Update 10 minutes later:

The support tech is engaging in active support with me right now having me collect data. This is kind of impressive. I didn't even mention to them that there is a web forum discussion going on about their product.

I just received a reply from Nexas support. Frankly, I am very impressed with how quickly they respond:

Here is the exact reply:

I did not meet condition 2 or 3. I have no idea if I met condition 4. I am going to ask for details on condition 4, as that would provide the data we are after :)

Update 10 minutes later:

The support tech is engaging in active support with me right now having me collect data. This is kind of impressive. I didn't even mention to them that there is a web forum discussion going on about their product.
Might be impressive but why do you have to jump through hoops to get this unit to work when their advertising shows how simple it all should be?

Might be impressive but why do you have to jump through hoops to get this unit to work when their advertising shows how simple it all should be?
I have no experience with any product that does function, so I do not know if the tool is to blame or the ecm process.

My initial test was going out to the garage and starting the coach and trying to regen.

Now I have to figure out the soot levels to know If I have met all the conditions.

Latest resources

Back