RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
We are about to head out for the summer and we are having discussions around drinking water. We have a 2021 Ventana - so there is the coach filter + the filter in the frig. I feel that should make the water safe. My wife thinks we should be drinking bottled water - which is a lot of plastic.

what do you all do?

Thanks.

I sanitize with bleach at the beginning of the season. Then I drink heartily from the coach, city and fresh water tank.

From the coach. Four years FT and never had a problem.

It's going to come down to personal preference. I'll cut to the chase, I am fine with tap water at restaurants, I drink from the frig water dispenser. I have a two filter system for the house filter which I changed out from Newmar system as some have done.

dual-filter.png

It's going to come down to personal preference. I'll cut to the chase, I am fine with tap water at restaurants, I drink from the frig water dispenser. I have a two filter system for the house filter which I changed out from Newmar system as some have done.

View attachment 6580
Thanks Neal. Was it a big effort to switch out the single filter for a double?

Have installed a dual filter in the DS, carbon block & particulate. Had the same in previous coach. We have traveled to every state, drunk the tap water in ever one…..20 years and no ill effect so far. Bottled water is very overrated IMHO.

Thanks Neal. Was it a big effort to switch out the single filter for a double?
Not, not a big effort, but yes, there is some planning and effort involved as you may have to route the water lines in a wider path. It's fun like all mods and worth it. Always improving.

Water from the frig, try desperately to stay away from plastic bottles.

We santitize at the beginning of the season and drink from the coach city and fresh water tank....same as we did for years in our 5'vers.

Safe travels.

Latest resources

Back